Hello! Welcome to the new Palm Beach Crew blog! The old website needed a lot of work, so our programmer, Kent Waxman, got to work with renovating the functions and look of the site from scratch.
To conclude what was our first ever season as Palm Beach Crew, the entire team shocked the FSRA Championships in both sweep and sculling. Before the races, only a few teams heard about us. Palm Beach Crew was the newest team at both the FSRA (Florida Scholastic Rowing Association) Sweeping Championships, and the FSRA Sculling Championships. The team accomplished exactly what our coach, Dr. Susan Saint Sing, hoped for from the first day we held practices. Throughout the fall and spring seasons, Palm Beach Crew established their dominance in the few events that they entered in. However, these all led up to the FSRA championships in April of 2017. This was the Palm Beach Crew's and some rower's first ever state championship. Below are the results from the championships:
FSRA Sculling Championships
- Girls Junior Single (L. Meyaart): 6th place in the Grand Finals; 6th place in the state
- Girls Lightweight Single (E. Jensen): 4th place in the Petite Finals; 10th place in the state
- Boys Lightweight Single (A. Bereck): 6th place in the Petite Finals; 12th place in the state
- Mens Lightweight Quad (B. Garelick) : 2nd place in the Petite Finals; 8th place in the state
- Girls Varsity Quad (G. Baldwin): 7th place in the Grand Finals; 7th place in the state
- Boys Junior Double (B. Hasbach): 5th place in the Petite Finals; 11th place in the state
- Boys Lightweight Double (D. Hinton): 7th place in Heat; 13th place in the state
FSRA Sweeping Championships
- Boys Lightweight Eight (V. Hariharan): 5th place in Grand Final; 5th place in the state
Overall, this was an outstanding effort put on display by a team that started with little to no resources, to now placing mostly in the Grand and Petite Finals at the state championship. Now, all Palm Beach Crew can do is just get better, faster, and establish Palm Beach Crew as the team to beat for everyone else.
This was a great end to the season and only time will tell what's in store for Palm Beach Crew next year.
Click the button below to look through some of the videos and pictures from the 2016-17 season: